I am a HUGE fan of Dove products. The other day I found this holiday set with shampoo, bar soap, body wash, and a bath puff for only $8.88!!!! What a great deal. Hat’s off to Dove. Thank goodness for holidays.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
I want to personally thank all of my readers for stopping by and checking out my Spa Treatment posts 1-5! Next I will give you 5 steps to beat stress! But before that, as a thank you to my readers… I am hosting a Spa Treatment Giveaway Pamper Pack! The Pamper Pack will include all* items needed to pamper yourself with at home Spa Treatments that were featured on Eat, Love, Shop.
The Spa Treatment Pamper Pack will Include:
Sweet Almond Oil
Lemon and Sugar
Pumpkin and Pineapple
-All wrapped decoratively–
*yogurt and milk not included
One lucky reader will win the Spa Treatments Pamper Pack and just in time for Christmas!
-How to enter-
Simply subscribe via email to Eat, Love, Shop and be entered to win the Spa Treatments Pamper Pack *mandatory, no subscription= no entry.
- Read all the Spa Treatment Posts! Leave a comment telling me why you would like to do the treatment for 1 additional entry per comment. *one comment per post will be counted as one entry.
Spa Treatments #5
- Leave a comment on this post telling me why YOU deserve the Spa Treatments Pamper Pack for 1 additional entry.
- Tweet about the giveaway. Use your own words, just make sure you include a link to this post. Or simply use the tweet button at the bottom of this post. *Tweet once per day for 1 additional entry per day.
This giveaway starts immediately and ends at 12:00 pm CST on 12/15/2010. Winner will be announced on this blog and twitter @eatloveshop on 12/20/2010. Winner will be notified and will be expected to provide mailing information within 48 hours or a new winner will be drawn.
Question? Please leave a comment.
I hope my readers have enjoyed my spa secrets that I found. Spa Treatments #5 will conclude the Spa Treatments and we will move unto Stress Relievers next week. The full series of Spa Treatments included 5 ways to take a time out, get rejuvenated, and take on some easy self pampering! If you would like to read other Spa Treatments please use the links below.
On the last Spa Treatments, we discovered how to get baby soft feet with lemons and sugar. Now, be prepared to have arms and legs that are touchably smooth! All you will need is almonds and yogurt.
“The yogurt feels cool and soothing, while the nubby texture of the almonds massages your skin,” says Anushka Spa in West Palm Beach, Florida. Bonus: Both of the ingredients exfoliate, revealing soft skin!
Here’s how to do it!
1. Mix 1/4 cup crushed almonds into 2-3 Tbs. yogurt until smooth yet still thick.
2. Massage all over damp legs and arms, paying special attention to your elbow and knees.
3. Rinse and pat dry.
Yields: 1 application.
Thank you so much for joining me for our Spa Treatments. Now get out there and pamper yourselves! Coming next week: 5 ways to Reduce Stress!
Oh yes! I have found even more ways to give yourself spa like treatment at home for a fraction of the cost. We crave baby-soft feet and try to find ways to obtain just that. It can be a battle at times, but with some recent reading I have found and tested a sure way to accomplish soft feet with two simple things: lemon and sugar.
“A cool frozen lemon will reduce any swelling in your feet- and feel extra-refreshing and tingly,” says Camille Meyer, owner of TriBeCa MedSpa in New York City. “And the sugar crystals quickly and easily buff away any calloused skin, so your feet look smooth and pretty!”
Ready to try? Here’s how to do it!
1. Cut a lemon in half and pop it in the freezer for half an hour.
2. Dip the lemon halves into sugar and use to gently buff your feet, paying special attention to the heels and soles.
3. Rinse off feet with coll water and pat dry.
4. Massage in a tiny dollop of petroleum jelly to lock in the moisture and softness.
Yields: 1 application
That’s all there is to it. And this method truly works. I have suffered from dry, calloused soles for years and now do this tiny spa treatment at home at least 2-3 times a week. Now, my feet are soft, glowing, and pretty! I recommend trying this at home!
If you liked this post, check out Spa Treatments #3.
I stumbled upon an article in Woman’s World magazine that I love and wanted to share it with you. It has a lot of tips for at home Spa Treatments you can give yourself to beat stress, not to mention make you feel pampered too. The first secret: Get a youthful glow!
Did you know that Pumpkin and Pineapple could do that? Neither did I until I read this article and starting giving myself spa treatments at home. Most of them take less than 20 minutes and always make me feel super refreshed afterward.
Want to get a youthful glow?
Why you will love it: The warmth from the dishcloth relaxes all the muscles in your face. “The pumpkin and pineapple enzymes improve the clarity and texture of your skin,” says Krasofski. “After you splash off the mask, your skin will look smoother and feel softer!”
Here’s how to do it:
1. Blend 2 Tbs. canned pumpkin puree and 1 Tbs. crushed pineapple, then place in a small bowl.
2. Place a warm washcloth over a clean face, then relax for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove the washcloth and gently massage the treatment onto your neck and face. Relax for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the mask with a cool water splash.
Yields: 1 Application
My variations: The only thing I do different, I mix up about 3-5 applications and store it in the fridge. That way it is ready to go each day when I am ready to use it. I love doing this small treatment to my face. It makes my skin feel great and I love the me time.