Looking for more ways to pamper yourself? I always am. And these days that can get very expensive. That is exactly why I am sharing information that I read on easy, non expensive ways to pamper yourself right from home.
Do you want super-lustrous hair? Did you know that massaging your scalp with warm oil eases anxiety and smooths your hair so it looks shiny and glossy? Yes! It really does according to Daniel Krasofski, director of spa services at One Spa in L.A.
Here’s how to do it!
1. Heat up a few tablespoons of sesame, sweet almond or olive oil- it should be warm, but comfortable to the touch.
2. Before a shower, dip your fingers into the oil, and start massaging at the nape of the neck. Continually redipping, cover your entire scalp, moving up to your hairline.
3. Place a towel around your head and relax for 20 minutes.
4. In the shower, add shampoo directly to hair (do not get it damp first)- this allows the shampoo to breakdown the oil so it will wash away easily. Later and rinse.
Yields: 1 application
That’s it! Another easy way to pamper yourself, relax, and great some great looking hair! Stay tuned for more Spa Treatments from Eat, Love, Shop.
If you liked this post, be sure to check out Spa Treatments #2.
I hope that my readers enjoyed Spa Treatments #1. Spa Treatment #2 is on how to Get Velvety Hands! We all hold a lot of tension in our hands. Soaking them in warm milk with just a bit of honey feels relaxing and even better when we massage our tension points. This treatment brightens the skin tone and makes our hands look more youthful. Oh, and it always feels great to get pampered!
Here’s how to do it!
1. Pour 2 cups of comfortably warm milk in a large basin.
2. Add 1 tsp. of honey, a natural skin moisturizer.
3. Place both hands in the warm milk and relax for a few minutes, the start your massage: With your thumb, massage the center of your palm. Then massage the section between each finger. Finally gently tug each finger. Repeat on the other hand.
4. Remove your hands and pat dry.
Yields: 1 Application.
In 10-20 minutes we can pamper ourselves, while releasing tension and getting more youthful looking skin. Try this at home!