I hope that my readers enjoyed Spa Treatments #1. Spa Treatment #2 is on how to Get Velvety Hands! We all hold a lot of tension in our hands. Soaking them in warm milk with just a bit of honey feels relaxing and even better when we massage our tension points. This treatment brightens the skin tone and makes our hands look more youthful. Oh, and it always feels great to get pampered!
Here’s how to do it!
1. Pour 2 cups of comfortably warm milk in a large basin.
2. Add 1 tsp. of honey, a natural skin moisturizer.
3. Place both hands in the warm milk and relax for a few minutes, the start your massage: With your thumb, massage the center of your palm. Then massage the section between each finger. Finally gently tug each finger. Repeat on the other hand.
4. Remove your hands and pat dry.
Yields: 1 Application.
In 10-20 minutes we can pamper ourselves, while releasing tension and getting more youthful looking skin. Try this at home!
I stumbled upon an article in Woman’s World magazine that I love and wanted to share it with you. It has a lot of tips for at home Spa Treatments you can give yourself to beat stress, not to mention make you feel pampered too. The first secret: Get a youthful glow!
Did you know that Pumpkin and Pineapple could do that? Neither did I until I read this article and starting giving myself spa treatments at home. Most of them take less than 20 minutes and always make me feel super refreshed afterward.
Want to get a youthful glow?
Why you will love it: The warmth from the dishcloth relaxes all the muscles in your face. “The pumpkin and pineapple enzymes improve the clarity and texture of your skin,” says Krasofski. “After you splash off the mask, your skin will look smoother and feel softer!”
Here’s how to do it:
1. Blend 2 Tbs. canned pumpkin puree and 1 Tbs. crushed pineapple, then place in a small bowl.
2. Place a warm washcloth over a clean face, then relax for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove the washcloth and gently massage the treatment onto your neck and face. Relax for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the mask with a cool water splash.
Yields: 1 Application
My variations: The only thing I do different, I mix up about 3-5 applications and store it in the fridge. That way it is ready to go each day when I am ready to use it. I love doing this small treatment to my face. It makes my skin feel great and I love the me time.